Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sunny snow day


This was more fun than my last experiment, at least once I took the pressure off myself to create a self-portrait that portrayed the essence (whatever that is) of my being.  I took the background picture from my back deck on our snow day last Wednesday; the little girl is me at age 2; and the other picture was taken this summer in the spot where Luke proposed 6 years earlier.  Obviously, I used the gradient tool, but here's what I'm most proud of (and wasted the most time on):  I wanted some "snowflakes" in front of the little girl, so after trying a bunch of other methods, I simply "erased" them (at medium opacity)!  It's not perfect, but it's my crowning achievement of a long evening of PS play.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful! I love the snow and the mix of images. It's cool to hear a bit about the pictures you included.

See you later.

Elizabeth

Mathilda said...

Didn't you wear a dress just like this the other day? ;)

Jenny said...

It's too bad there's not a paintbrush head that's a snowflake (like the one that's a maple leaf). ...of course, we'd need one zillion paintbrush heads then, since no two snowflakes...

I can commiserate with the amount of time that can be sucked away in Photoshop - maybe in a confluence of intrigue and rage and bliss... I'm working on figuring out why when I change the opacity on my version of PS, I get a checkerboard. I'm sure I clicked some fill pattern somewhere, but MAN does that drive me CRAZY!