Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Two degrees of separation...


Alberto was our amazing translator during the conference in Havana (first half of the trip). During dinner one night, I learned that three times in the last three months he has been called to Fidel Castro's house to personally translate for him during important meetings. One of those meetings was with the American director Oliver Stone; you'd recognize the other names, too, but I can't remember them now. Alberto said the 83-year-old Castro is still sharp mentally and is finally following doctor's orders to maintain his physical health. (Of course, his brother Raul is in power now.)

So I figure Luke and I are just two degrees from Fidel Castro, through Alberto. Hmmm ... maybe I shouldn't post this on the internet! :) Don't worry, U.S. Government, we did not meet him nor do we have any desire to meet him!

No comments: